CenterStorm™ Transforming Creative Thought
into Compelling Ideas
Cost approximately $20,000
New ideas can result from intuition and subconsciously communing with the muse of creativity. Yet, experience has shown us that creating an environment for creativity to occur always increases the frequency and quantity of new ideas.
A CenterBrain Tenet is that creativity is best applied when focused with pre-written, consistently written stimulus. Therefore we start by crafting promises.
1. Beginning with an interview of each of the new product team members by a CenterStorm leader, we seek to eliminate early group bias, allowing all new product hypotheses to surface.
2. Individual hypotheses are collected and crafted into promises. Here is an example of a promise:
This new brainstorming approach insures that ideas that have been locked away in company drawers for years come to the surface, that’s because highly trained new product specialists dig deep and ask the right questions in the upfront individual interview process.
3. The promises, up to 50, cover a wide range of pragmatic, emotional and psychological hypotheses and go well beyond the typical “product attribute” focus.
The CenterStorm Day
The CenterStorm day involves up to 9 members of the inter-disciplinary new product team and ideally occurs off-site.
1. We begin by defining objectives and listing the several new product promises that have emerged from the jumpstarting step.
2. The team now breaks into Triads (groups of three). Each is led by a CenterStorm leader. Each Triad’s task is to expand or eliminate new product ideas. The Triad lasts one hour and is repeated three times, each with a new CenterStorm leader.
3. Between each session the full group reconvenes to discuss their conclusions, and to eliminate, embellish, or add to the list of promises
4. The team is led to a consensus of 15-20 unique and compelling promises and next steps are clearly understood.
15-20 new product promises that encompass pragmatic, emotional and psychological benefits. These promises are now ready for development into concepts for precision crafting with consumers via the triad process.